What a year! However, the passion for property never ends. You had an appraisal from myself or one of my team along the journey and so, this update provides a great insight as to what is really happening behind the scenes. If you are looking to sell or lease, we have a fabulous promotion, with a specific reference code included in this newsletter.
Want an update, call my team on either 9905 4100 or 0408 007 390.
If we don’t hear from you, we wish sincerely wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Safe & Prosperous New Year.
James Smyth – Principal SEA Freshwater
LIST AND SELL WITH SEA – WITH BENEFITS –
VALID TO JUNE 2021
MARKET TIMELINE DECEMBER 2020 – SEPTEMBER 2021
|EQUILIBRIUM – The balance between demand and stock levels
Forecast Possibilities: Whilst the market is very volatile, and next year we perceive it to be loaded with more stock, there are key timelines which we believe will affect the equilibrium.
The equilibrium at present, does not exist. The market is heavily favouring the Vendor – sellers, however, the shift may come sooner than we think for the following reasons:
December 2020 – Mid January 2021
A) Queensland borders reopen. We have all witnessed a great southern, western, and inner city drift to the Northern Beaches and to the Central Coast and higher NSW coastlines. There are many locals who have stated that once borders are relaxed they will be selling and moving to QLD and the like. Reaction here is more stock locally. More stock drives more activity and provides greater choices.
B) Historically, a brief shutdown and a break in the current momentum can cause both sides to sit on their hands. The typical response from buyers and sellers alike is that they want to see what is trending after New Year and the first set of sales.
The end of Keeper & Seeker Government Assistance. This will be most interesting for multiple reactions. The key here will be employment figures and whether job growth is returning. Tenants: Those who may have been relying on assistance may have to vacate with limited income or other: The reaction is directly related to the Landlord or Investor owning the property. Landlord/Investor: Are they on bank deferred, are they relying also on assistance, then what happens to support income required on the vacant investment. The reaction is on the property owner. The home owner: If reliant on any form of assistance, what happens here? The reaction may be how much buffer is saved to hang onto the home. The reaction is bank deferred loans or sell to take the profit and wait or relocate.
The banking deferral moratorium Reserve Bank and Govt agreement. Since the Banking Royal Commission findings, banks now report monthly about their debt and risk positions. It was revealed that CBA was requested to sign off a delay in home loan foreclosures until this date. They hold over 129,000 deferred loans. Nationally, the banks hold 10%. The reaction: we see the biggest issue here being jobs, and if and very sadly, distressed owners have to make a decision to Let the bank take full control of the sale of the family home or The owner gets ahead and prefers the control of selling the asset themselves, which would you likely choose? We would chose – act in advance and sell before the deadline of September. We acknowledge that the lower sector of the Northern Beaches is relatively in a bubble, however, a percentile, although less than 7%, may impact some of these actions. The belief would be that selling sooner will anticipate beating the change in volumes.
FOR SALE BY SEA – ON AND OFF MARKET
Two amazing properties are available:
1. NORTH CURL CURL – House – 59 Pitt Road, North Curl Curl
- High and vaulted ceilings with cleverly designed windows projecting natural light
- Custom built-ins in each bedroom and carpeted* Optional fourth bedroom or second lounge room retreat
- Three bedrooms, the spacious main bedroom with adjoining ensuite delight
- Separate guest/ or fourth bedroom, lounge or home office
- Architecturally designed from new.family lounge and kitchen which flows to a covered and private entertainers outdoor arena
- Built-in servery BBQ, sink and wet bar, fully covered
- Spa and fullly private backyard
- Down to every last detail, a stunning coastal retreat with large bedrooms, open plan. Meticulous and a flawlessly renovated beachside chic single level family home awaits
- Land Size: Approx 481 sqm
2. FRESHWATER – House
Beautiful family home with large open plan living, flowing to outdoor entertaining area with in-ground pool and child friendly level backyard. Facing North, this is ideal suntrap and perfect or any family.
Built NEW and just two years young, a three year warranty remaining.
- Only a few minutes drive to Freshwater Beach and village shops
- Double lock up garage with remote and internal access
- Level backyard with in-ground swimming pool
- Large outdoor entertaining area
- Ducted reverse cycle air-conditioning
- Sleek gas kitchen with stone bench surfaces
- Covered spacious upstairs balconies
- Separate media/lounge room
- Full bathroom with separate bath and shower
- Main bedroom with two walk-in wardrobes and ensuite
- Four double bedrooms with built-ins, 5th bedroom/study
Land Size: Approx 506 sqm
THE SEA MARKET WRAP
Buyers are thirsty for more! The low stock levels and low rates are driving the market to peaking prices. The interesting statistic is that true volumes are higher than published.
Listings 36 ( Off Market 12 ) Sold 27 Withdrawn 2 Failed at Auction 6
Sales of note:
6 & 40 Surfers Parade, Freshwater which well exceeded bidding and reserve guides.
Listings 51 ( Off Market 16 ) Sold 47 Withdrawn 0 Failed at Auction 1
Sales of note:
8 Ankali Pl, North Manly Sold $2,445,000
9 Oatway Pde, North Manly Sold $2,435,000
22 Palm Ave, North Manly Sold $3,490,000
14 Farnell St, Curl Curl Sold $4,600,000
12 Brighton St, Freshwater Sold $3,665,000
Listings 41 ( Off Market 21) Sold 15 Withdrawn 1 Failed at Auction 1
Sales of note:
30A Gardere Ave, Curl Curl Sold $4,700,000
Ocean View Rd, Freshwater Sold $5,100,000
22 Marmora Ave, Freshwater Sold $2,725,000
Lookout Ave, Dee Why Sold $8,000,000